- » Focus and Scope
- » Section Policies
- » Peer Review Process
- » Publication Frequency
- » Open Access Policy
- » Archiving
- » Publication Fees
- » Fee Waiver Policy
- » Fee Refund Policy
Focus and Scope
Asian Journal of Humanity, Art and Literature (AJHAL): A Journal of Humanity, Literature, Language, Religion, Culture, Politics and History is an open access, peer-reviewed, both online and print journal established by theABC Journals, Asian Business Consortium. The main objective of the journal is to publish research papers, translations, and reviews in the field of Asian fiction and non-fiction literature, religious literature, cultural literature and historical review of literature (construed in the widest sense) in a form that makes them quickly and easily accessible to the international academic community, to professionals in related fields, such as theatre and storytelling, and to the general public.
AJHAL is published 3 times per year. Journal publishes original papers in Art and literature in general, but giving a preference to those in the areas of Humanity, Art and literature represented by the editorial board. To be publishable, papers must treat new research, be well written, and be of interest to a significant segment of the science community.
The scope of the journal include, but are not limited to the following topics:
Literature written in the English language, English linguistics, English sociolinguistics, translation studies and related areas, African literature, literature appreciation, cultural studies, literary styles, Asian English’s as well as Asian literature in English, including Asian diasporic literature and Asian literature in translation, the connection between stylistics, critical theory, linguistics and literary criticism, and their applications in teaching to native and non-native speaking students, CALL; CLT and TBLT ;Computational Linguistics ;Corpus linguistics; Discourse and Inter language Pragmatics; Discourse and Organization; ELT Materials Development and Evaluation; English Globalization; English Language Teacher Education;
AJHAL is striving to provide the best platform for researchers and scholars worldwide to exchange their latest findings and results. Current humanity and art columns involve in aesthetics, religious studies, feminism, poetics, modernism, realism, didacticism, classicism, skepticism, euro-skepticism, religions skepticism, moral skepticism, religious mysticism, ancient myth, mythology, moral education, political movement, government studies, philosophy, army science, jurisprudence, action art, musicology, art history and theory, painting and calligraphy art, artistic designs, arts & sports education, arts technology, music pedagogy, performing arts, drama and aesthetics, film and television, opera and drama, animation, sculpture, ceramics, arts and crafts, Photography, culture study, folklore, fine art, environmental art, theatre and dance, anthropology, medieval and Renaissance studies, classical and ancient studies, holocaust studies, caricatures, as well as narratology in the field.The journal welcomes papers from a wide range of disciplines that provide relevant research for current issues in education and learning: educational science, psychology, sociology, economics, political science, significant political, cultural, social, economic, and organizational issues in education, and the Teaching, Learning, and Human Development section explores the processes and outcomes of teaching, learning, and human development at all educational levels and more.
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
Peer Review Process
AJHAL follows Double-Blind Peer Review system. Reviewers do not know the identity of the author(s), & the author(s) do not know the identity of the reviewer.
Each paper is reviewed by the editor and, if it is judged suitable for this publication, it is then sent to at least two independent referees for double blind peer review. Based on their recommendation, as well as consultation between relevant Editorial Board members the editor then decides whether the paper should be accepted as is, revised or rejected. The editor may make use of Grammarly and Paperrater software for checking the originality of submissions received.
The review criteria considered are the novelty and originality of the paper, the quality of research methodology, the organization and clarity, the reference to prior work, and the quality of results. The result of the review process can be accept, accept with revision, or reject. Authors will be informed of the outcome of the review process. Only articles accepted by the editorial board will be published.
Paperless, web-based peer review system, professional and helpful suggestions from reviewers. Articles in this journal have undergone a rigorous blind peer review system, based on initial editor screening and involving international refereeing, ensures that articles meet the highest standards of quality.
AJHAL is an international, double blind peer-reviewed, Google Scholar, PBN and OAI supported BASE-World Cat-abcGATE indexed, EZB listed RoMEO blue journal devoted to research in the broad field of humanity, art and literature. Within this broad framework the journal seeks to provide a forum for experts. AJHAL is published 3 times per year.
The journal registered in the ISSN Register (the world catalogue of serials and continuing resources, taken from the ISO standard 3297 which defines the ISSN and its uses). Articles in this journal have undergone a rigorous blind peer review system, based on initial editor screening and involving in-country and international refereeing, ensures that articles meet the highest standards of quality.
COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics)
COPE provides advice to editors and publishers on all aspects of publication ethics and, in particular, how to handle cases of research and publication misconduct. This means that ABC Journals adheres to high ethical standards in publishing. Details .....
Open Access Policy
AJHAL provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
What is ABC Open Access?
- Articles are accessible online for free anywhere worldwide
- Articles are free to share and reuse. Some restrictions apply, depending on the Creative Commons license used. The original source must always be acknowledged and linked to.
- A fee paid by the author or their funding body upon acceptance contributes to the cost of publishing the article
- As with all ABC publications, the same premium quality applies to Open Access – from peer review to copy editing to layout to personalized service
- Open Access journals, like subscription journals, are included in the major abstract and indexing databases to make them easy to find and cite.
- Open Access journals are usually published online only.
- Note: The above refers to Gold Open Access. (Green Open Access refers to authors self-archiving manuscripts or published papers in a repository with no associated fee)
Why ABC Open Access?
- Articles are free to all readers on http://journals.abc.us.org/index.php/ajhal/issue/archive and other platforms, maximizing the visibility and impact of your research
- ABC helps authors meet the Open Access requirements of any funder or institution, whether funding was provided for a journal article or book chapter
- Every journal has a dedicated Editor-in-Chief and international editorial board to ensure rigorous peer-review and the highest scientific publishing standards
- ABC Publishers brings 5 years of publishing experience
- ABC maintains e-archives to secure Open Access publications
- ABC Open Access journals are searchable in DOI, Google Scholar and many already have an Impact Factor
- Time from submission to publication is usually accelerated
- Worldwide promotion e.g. representation at scientific conferences, the Internet, distribution of promotional material to target audiences and more
ABC Open Access Program
- ABC already has 11 fully Open Access journals.
- ABC Open Access journals are supported in the OAI, making them easy to find.
More about the Publishing Fee
- In contrast to subscription-based journals, whereby the reader must pay to access the content (subscription or pay-per-view fee), to support Open Access publishing, the authors (or the author’s funding body or institute) are asked to pay a one-time publishing fee on acceptance of their paper. Alternatively, a sponsor may assist with the publishing costs. This fee, the Article Processing Charge (APC), supports the costs of publishing services such as submission to CrossRef and other abstracting and indexing services, archiving and promoting the author's work
- There are no subscription fees associated with Open Access journals.
- Importantly, publishing fees are not charged until a paper is accepted for publication.
More about the Open Access License
ABC Open Access articles are distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 International License (CC-BY-NC). Articles can be read and shared online under the following conditions:
Attribution – The original source must be cited (BY)
Noncommercial – Works may not be used for commercial purposes (NC)
The details of the license can be seen at: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/.
ABC uses the CC-BY-NC license to protect the author’s work from misuse.
Some indexing bodies, such as the DOAJ, have special requirements.
For Academic and Research Institutions
- ABC offers Special tailored Open Access publishing agreements to suit the needs of institutions or funding bodies
- Discounts/ waiver on Open Access publishing fees can be arranged
- ABC Open Access supports institutional Open Access repositories or other programs
This journal utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration. More...
AJHAL publication fees: US$ 100 USD (excluding print hard copy)
Hard Copy Cost:
If author want to get hard copy of the Journal, they required to pay extra charges @ US$ 30 for each hard copy.
Shipping Cost for Hard Copy:
1. US$ 40 --- Fast Express (7-20 Business Day)
2. US$ 50 --- DHL (4-10 Business Day)
3. US$ 60 --- TNT (2-6 Business Day)
Third party Transaction Fees (2CO) + Sales Tax: US$ 10.75 (for only online payment option)
Or, PayPal transaction 7% applicable.
There are no any other hidden extra charges.
Authors can choice any of the following payment method among:
(1) Online payment: 2Checkout.com Inc., Ohio, USA is a payment facilitator for goods and services provided by Asian Business Consortium. Online payment link: Pay Now
(2) Cash Office Wire Transfer: We accept payment through Western Union/ MoneyGram/ Xpress Money/ IME (International Money Express).
(3) Bank-to-Bank Wire transfer: SWIFT transfer
Fee Waiver Policy
Waiver Policy valid only for online payment option through credit card/ PayPal:
- 10% waiver for authors with abcDNA
- According to UNDP Human Development Reports authors from world’s 42 underdeveloped countries shall publish their articles at a reduced fee (25% waiver).
- PhD students and Masters thesis students from these countries are also welcome to publish their articles with the ABC Journals at a reduced fee (50% waiver) - only student author.
Fee Refund Policy
All products and services are sold “as is”. The author assumes the responsibility for the payment, and no refunds will be issued.